JLO's Blog: You've got the power


We are so inspired after being with Jennifer at the Democratic convention! She had that sexy, healthy, "I'm feeling good about myself and doing great" glow. At SELF, our goal is to help you be the best you can be, inside and out. But the two aren't mutually exclusive. When you look good, whether it's because you've started working out or tried a great new beauty trick, you've got more confidence. And when you feel good, by eating well and staying healthy, your glow is unmistakable.


Nobody knows that more than Jennifer Lopez. She's a busy woman and devoted mom, training for her first triathlon to raise money for Childrens Hospital Los Angeles and to reach a personal fitness goal. We love her perspective, which is just one reason she's our Most Inspiring Woman for 2008.


"When I was pregnant—feeling like a beached whale!—I was thinking about the year ahead. I've always loved sports and wanted to do something I had never done before. And I decided early on I wanted to do it for charity. I was thinking, What am I going to do the year that [twins Max and Emme] are born? What could I do that they would be proud of their mom? And I just decided to do it and try to raise as much money as I could.


"My body is so much happier hanging out after I've done something active. Because then I feel like I've earned it. I'm like, You can't mess with me right now!


"I know that after the triathlon, my confidence is going to be higher. I'm going to feel really good about myself. I know I'm going to respect myself more at the end of the day if I can finish. It will be like, 'I can do anything!' I heard someone say once, 'If you want self-esteem, do esteemable things.' You have to do things to have confidence. It's in your hands, it's in your power."


Keep checking back to read more about Jennifer's triathlon training progress and charity initiatives.


September 02, 2008






Hey guys, please don't forget to donate anything you can below.


Please help Jen, and the women and children she is trying to help by donating money for Jen's triathlon run. All proceeds go to the CHLA mentioned above.
Please click image blow to donate, any amount helps.

No comments: