J-Lo's 'reckless abandon' in comedy


Jennifer Lopez has been praised by her co-star for her "fearless" approach to "physical comedy".


J-Lo stars in The Back-Up Plan as a woman who, worried her clock is ticking, gets artificially inseminated, only to meet love of her life Stan, played by Alex O'Loughlin.


Alex told Entertainment Tonight: "She's so fearless in her approach and she comes at the work with reckless abandon, that a lot of people would shy away from."



The Australian actor cited "physical comedy" scenes which involved "throwing beef bourguignon down her throat and ending up all over her face when she's pregnant and hungry, to this orgasm scene that we have in the cheese barn".


He added: "That's one of the many reasons why I think she's so successful in this genre, she's so believable."


The movie is Jennifer's return to acting after a break to have twins Max and Emme, now two.


Jennifer said: I love being back to work. I've always loved working. It's a big part of who I am and to have left it for a couple of years and had my own kids and spending time with them has been a big deal for me so to get back has been the best.



"Having just gone through my own experience of having babies for the first time it definitely ranked true to me.


"All the little jokes about what it is to be pregnant and being tired and being kind of hormonal and all those kind of weird things that happen to you. How hungry you are, and how tired you are. I just knew exactly what it was."

No comments: